Who are we

We are a family of 3 who took a break from our routine. All born in England, we have lived in Scotland since 2002 but from February to the end of July 2011 we were on the road in North America for 6 months. We are Mark (also known as Dad), Rachel (also known as Mum... and a whole bunch of other names... my usual at-home blog is here) and Heather (10/11 years of age during the trip).

Sunday 6 February 2011

Early days

So a few quick shots from our first few days. This is the local garden wildlife - we dont get squirrels this colour where were from:
Then today we went bowling (5 pin  never done that before. Tiny balls! Big pins!) and I wore this dazzling footwear: Whilst there we saw this sign on a Claw machine (and couldnt resist it):
Theres a loon (bird!) on a Canadian one dollar coin (if you wondered  details here). x

6 comments:

The Bug said...

Love your bowling shoes. How did you do? I'm a terrible bowler although I enjoy it a lot - never played 5 pin - maybe that's my game!

Rachel Fox said...

I was pretty rubbish. Great fun though! We do have bowling in the UK but nowhere near where we live. It's so different with the Canadian accents all around too.
x

Titus said...

Squirrel of the De'il!
I love ten pin bowling. Horribly competitive and yet rubbish at the same time. Always makes for a good night out!

Rachel Fox said...

I tried to be competitive but I was so rarely any good that I had to give up on that! I'm blaming the jetlag...
x

Kat Mortensen said...

Ha ha ha! We never give it much thought (the loonies).

Love your bowling shoes!

Rachel Fox said...

My other favourite sign is the regular 'help wanted' (what is the UK equivalent... 'job vacancy' or something dull). I love 'help wanted' - it could be my motto for life.
x