Who are we

We are a family of 3 who took a break from our routine. All born in England, we have lived in Scotland since 2002 but from February to the end of July 2011 we were on the road in North America for 6 months. We are Mark (also known as Dad), Rachel (also known as Mum... and a whole bunch of other names... my usual at-home blog is here) and Heather (10/11 years of age during the trip).

Monday 21 February 2011

Haliburton Highlands























But not the whole weekend was spent dog sledding (see below). No! There was snowshoeing, pony rides (local gala day type thing), art galleries, many family restaurants (fries! Sweet potato fries!), dog walks, drinking, late nights, music. Here are some photos  some from the car (taken by her majesty), others by me. We got to Ottawa today. By eck, its chilly!


Haliburton Highlands Trip

7 comments:

Art Durkee said...

I've spent the last week or so in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, where it's been sunny every day till yesterday (which was foggy), and warm, even hot. 80 degrees F in February!

Meanwhile I missed a couple of really big winter storms back home in Wisconsin. I'm heading home now, so it's getting colder as I go. Will get there in a few days, hopefully after the latest storm clears up.

Rachel Fenton said...

Muggy as, here. Even the sea was warm.

Hope all your family are safe and well in NZ, Rachel x

Kat Mortensen said...

It all looks so familiar - Canadian Winter. I'll be glad when it warms up.

I can tell the chilly weather isn't getting in the way of a great experience for you all. You look to be having a wonderful time.

Stay safe!

Kat

P.S. Is the address you sent still okay for me to use? Will you be there again, or have I missed a window of opportunity?

The Bug said...

Man, it really DOES look cold! And I'm cold here - but I think you guys have beaten my cold. I'm glad you're having a good time. How was the snowshoeing?

Rachel Fox said...

hi Art
Good to hear there is still warmth in the world!

Rachel - yes, my relatives are OK. My brother came pretty close to the danger zone but luckily wasn't there at the worst time.

Kat - yes, we will be back at that address for most of next week so send away.

Bug - snowshoeing was fun... felt like a big bird really.

x

Kat Mortensen said...

Now I really HAVE missed the window. Sorry about that, but I'll be able to hand you a copy in person!

Kat

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, in July.
x